My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What is Fun for You on the Course?


Let me start off by saying, I love Golf . That's very general, but I love the sport, the time outside, the surroundings, the time with friends and a few drinks on the course.

Which brings me to the point, and rather fast I might add. Drinking on the course , is that a yea or a nay for you? I personally believe that golf is a sport made for relaxation, not what we see on TV, the pressure filled world of professional golf. 80% of the people who play golf today will never play at that level, most will never break 80, but we all try. I learned a long time ago, I wasn't going to be a great golfer, maybe good at times, but never great. I recently have taken some lessons and have been trying to play better, but I still know, I am out there for fun.

Every great golf experience comes from my group trips to Myrtle Beach with the fellas. Good times, a bunch of guys golfing, blowing off steam and the pressure of work, to act like we are all 20 some again. I can't remember a trip where we didn't keep the cart girl busy, and heaven help us if they had a full bar on the cart (Rest in Peace Bay Tree, we miss you) Now most of the times, it's a few beers, relaxing, unwinding, and the drinking continues at the pool or condo later.

Sometimes we have gone a little heavier, and the practical jokes ensure. Now, we have never slowed play, respect the course and the staff, but we play golf and drink. I would love to hear everyone's opinion and thoughts on drinking on the course. I mean if they didn't want you to, they wouldn't have those those young, nubile cart girls running around with icy cold beers would they? (they know how to sell don't they?)

1 comment:

  1. Never been a big drinker on the course, though I probably would be if it were easier to get into a rhythm. The problems I run into: coolers not allowed on course, and smuggling beers in = hot beer after about a half an hour; the beer chick finds me on hoe #2, then not again until #15 or so; you need cash to buy from her; if you try to load up when she comes around, again you run into the temperature problem. Now I am all for throwing as many back as possible on the 19th hole while crying over my scorecard.

    ReplyDelete