My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, June 1, 2009

My Second Golf Lesson




Friday May 29th was my second lesson with PGA Pro David Stacy , who teaches at the Virginia Beach Golf Galaxy. I left my first lesson with a totally different and new swing, hit the range 4 times, and played 1 so so round. I was confident after the first lesson, and it was shaken a bit on the course, but I still feel I am moving in the right direction.

Lesson two started with the 6 iron again, a few swings, and David discovered I wasn't turning my hands over still, something I have found hard to do. We worked with a couple training aids, modified my grip just a little, and it started to click.

Next step was the driver. After a few swings, we moved the ball further up in my stance, and started with about 80% of my weight on my back foot, and then powering through the ball. It felt better right away. Turning the hands over remains the key for me, and something I need to work on the most. I will be seeing the driving range a lot this week.

I have my third lesson this Friday, and hope have improved the swing. I also traded in the Taylor Made 07 Draw Driver this weekend. I want to fix my swing through practice, not the band aid fix that a draw driver is. I bought the Adams Speedline Driver, along with the free 3 fairway/hybrid. My usual swing speed is is around 92-93mph, with the Speedline, I am at 101mph, a big, big difference as advertised.

No comments:

Post a Comment