My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lesson 3


Well golf fans, Lesson three from PGA Professional Dave Stacy is in the books. I had my lesson again on my lunch break Friday June 5th (who needs to eat any way??)

This time, I came in feeling a little confident in my irons, but none in my driver, so we worked on it the whole lesson. After a few swings, we looked at the video, and say my take away, and coming into the hitting position was actually great. I had something to be proud of, but what followed was trouble. I was not turning my wrists over, not "shutting the gate" so to speak.

Out came the heavy driver aid, and a sleeve for my left arm, seems I am letting it break down. After swinging a few, I started trying my best to turn the wrists and keep the left arm straight. It seemed to click half way through, and I started hitting straighter drives. I left the lesson feeling confident again, but a Sunday round at Kempsville Greens was in store, and of course, it's terrible conditions. The course is a dog track.

I played with my buddy Chef, and Kevin Nicholson, and our friend Steve Esposito (a 1 handicap). He watched me spray the ball all day, and worked with me. Seems I was not pulling my hips through, just thinking of too many things at one time. Towards the finial 5-6 holes, I suddenly figured it out, and boom, I was driving and playing it well.

I have one more lesson with David planned for Friday the 19, for a general tune up. Then it's off to Myrtle Beach for the annual trip on the 24th.

Thanks David Stacy again for another great lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment