My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Swing vs Cyrpess Point



Monday, a great warm sunny start of the day turned into over cast, and some rain, but we braved Cypress Point Country Club in Virginia Beach anyway. A holiday afternoon rate of 34.00 had me wondering if they let this once to go private club, get in bad shape. Nope, great shape, friendly staff, and of course, a great rate.

More important, it was the first live round since my lesson from Golf Pro David Stacy at Golf Galaxy. I went in feeling super confident, and I came out feeling confident, but I have lots of work to do. As noted before, I have completely changed my swing, my stance, and my follow through. Basicly, I was a complete mess before.

I think I will break it down per club, My Driver was straighter and in play more than it has been in years. Distance still looked good, but I think the draw biased Driver is holding me back some.

Long irons played well, and I was hitting irons where my other three friends were playing woods.

Short irons gave me the most trouble, controlling the distance and touch with the new swing was tougher than I though around the green, but from 40-120 yards out, I was deadly. This gave me the most confidence in the new swing, nice and high with backs spin, and very accurate.

I plan to play 1 or 2 more times before the big Myrtle Beach Trip June 25th, and the range will see a lot of me, and I think David Stacy may see me for another lesson or two.

All and all, a good day, and something to build on.

No comments:

Post a Comment