My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Myrtle Beach Gem of the North, Thistle!









A small review from a couple of years ago from one of my golf trips!!

Review: Thistle: Way North Myrtle Beach
Just got back from an almost perfect weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. I am going to break it down by course and try to give an informative review. Please bear with me, as some how, some way, I lost my Digital Camera and I am waiting to post the pics to this review later(getting some from friends)

Course: Thistle

Web Site: Golf Vacation Packages: Myrtle Beach Golf Courses - Thistle Golf Club - Real Estate ( check out the slide show )

Date/Time Played: 3 Tee Times at 2:30 May 31st

Club House and Staff:

The club house was nice, cozy, small, but they are building a very large castle style one right next door. The staff, from inside, the bar, club house, starters and staff riding the course, they are top notch, out to make your time the best. These are by far, the nicest folks I have ever met that work a course, you can tell they love their job..

The Course:

From their web site, I was expecting an awe inspiring course, and we were not let down. This is a links style course, with lots of bunkers and water, great green fairways and greens. It was a challenge for sure. Very good design, from bunker placement and greens, to making you use the whole bag of clubs. There were no gimmies on the greens either, you needed to hit the right spot. Even though water wasn't really in play on every hole, there seemed to be water every where. I can not say enough about this course, it's a dream to play.


Finial Thoughts:

If you are thinking of going to Myrtle, please, please call Ed in the club house and make a tee time at THISTLE, you will not regret it.

I want to add, I have spoken with the friendly staff once again, and was invited by their PGA Pro Gene Weldon to come down and tour and play. This staff is the most friendly, attentive, and golf loving that I have ever met!

Here is their contact info also!

Gene Weldon
PGA Club Professional
Thistle Golf Club
910-393-9636

No comments:

Post a Comment