My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First Lesson and then a Discovery

Ok, yesterday, after running story and interview of Gene Weldon, I decided to take my first lesson. So, I logged into my Golf Galaxy account, and booked a 30 minute lesson with David Stacy, the PGA Pro at the Virginia Beach location. Booked it online, added some notes about being my first lesson, so when I showed up, David knew who I was, and what I wanted to do. I told him, being able to just hit the ball consistently is all I am after for now. He had me hit a few balls, and then took action.

He had me stand more upright, move closer to the ball at address, I wasn't turning my wrist over and opening the club face on the back swing, not driving my my knee through the ball, my hands were behind the ball at contact, not firing my hips through, and not turning my wrists again and closing the club face at contact. Sounds like a mess, I was, but I picked it up very fast. I am off to the range to continue my practice at lunch. The whole lesson was video tapped and I saw a huge different from first swing to corrected swing. I will be back for more lessons.

UPDATE

I just hit a bucket at lunch, and I have never, ever come close to hitting the ball like that ever. I was averaging about 180 with the 6 iron, high, and consistently straighter than I have ever hit the ball. DAVID STACY, thank you, and look forwarding to seeing me for more lessons!

The Discovery

Somehow, some way I come across this site:

http://www.subseventy.com/


Which is SubSeventy Golf Clothes. It looks like they are European based, but expanding into the US. It reminds me a bit of Loud Mouth Golf, but it has a more European style and flair, and very, very good looking. You can crank it loud, or keep it a little more conservative. The clothes look great, not sure who would carry them around here, as it looks like they are looking for sales reps in the US, but you can order online, and you would be unique in your next golf outing for sure.

The only thing I can complain about, is this is exactly what I have been trying to push as an idea to the owner of the clothing company I work for. We are Urban and Contemporary Fashion, so getting him to sign off on a golf line has been impossible. All I can say is, Kudos SubSeventy, the line looks great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment