My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can We Come Up with Something Better?

Spring has sprung, and Summer is on it's way, the golf season is in full "swing." During this time period, there are a lot of charity events that raise a lot of money for great causes. Kudos to all those who organize, run and play in these events, it's a great way for us golfer's to enjoy the sport we love while doing something worth wild.

I am not going into the details of the event I am going to try and organize next Spring, as all the details are not worked out, and the group I want to run it for, I am not a formal member yet, but I will pull this off.

I am here today to try and come up with a better scoring system for these events. The usual four man best ball is great, but I want something a little different. My idea is the reverse of the usual 100-150 a man for the tournament, I want to start low for entry fee, very low, a discounted rate from the course, so lets use 30.00 a man as a base line. I wanted to propose a scoring system that you donate to the Charity by score. The better you score, the less you agree to give, the worse, the more. Now, I want to tweak this also. The worst Score actually wins some money back, and the Best Score gets some great prizes, but pays a set amount, lets say 100.00 per man for the Charity. Everyone else is paying in between those numbers. The usual gimmicks, Muligans, a Throw, can be bought per hole, for lets say, 10.00 a team for 1 and limit 1 a hole. This should give every a shot at getting a low score and a very close leader board. Closet to the Pin still in play, Long Drive, etc, all in play.

The end of the tournament, the usual cook out, food, beverages for adults, but I want there to some incentive to stick around to the end. An Award for the person, and the team, that Donated the most to the Charity, along with free admission to next years event. Those who paid out the most get the "most."

I would love to hear what people think of this idea, especially those who have ran Golf Events before!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment