My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, July 19, 2010

Myrtle Beach Trip III (The Quest for the Cip Cup)

 I will be heading back to my second home again this Wednesday at 6:30am, along 31 other golfer's who went with us last year, to compete for the Cip Cup. What a weekend, extended, it will be. 5 rounds of golf, 1 round of par 3 night golf at the Cane Patch, Joe with his usual Speedo appearance at the Pool. Drinking, poker and eating. here is what the line up looks like:

Wednesday afternoon, we have a 3 group tee time for the warm up( not a play on works, mid 90s the whole time) round at Farmstead. The home of the famous par 6, and run my Myrtle Beach Legend, Mac Hood!

Thursday is the opening round of the Cip Cup, a modified Callaway Scoring System, at Sandpiper Bay. Great news here, a local report has this course from tee to greens, in tip top shape!!


Friday's round takes right outside the door of the Crow Creek Condos to the Crow Creek Golf Club. Easy to make those early tee times. Another course, according to local reviews that is great shape, even with the heat.



Saturday's round brings me back to a favorite, Leopard's Chase. Now I played here during my trip in June, it was about 105 with heat index, but the course was one great layout. The greens were a little burnt, but the rest of the course sure makes up for it.

 Sunday's round on the way out, and the finish of the Cip Cup is being held at one of my all time favorite courses we have played in Myrtle Beach, THISTLE! Known for the conditioning, friendly, northern feeling staff and great new club house, this is a fitting place to end the chase for the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment