My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, November 2, 2009

Golf Tip of the Week



I tend to do this a lot, sculling my irons. Man it's frustrating, especially since I know how to hit it, and I can do it 9 times out of 10 on the range.


Stop skulling your irons



By Butch Harmon

Golf Digest Teaching Professional

Golfers who hit a lot of thin shots tend to swing the club too steeply into the ball. That's because they slide past the ball on the downswing and have to force the club down to make contact. When they slide too far, they catch only the top half of the ball, hitting it thin.

The problem actually starts on the back swing. Swing your arms back wide, and make a full shoulder turn. Try to get your back to the target. Don't be too eager to hit the ball: Turn to the top, and then turn through.

No comments:

Post a Comment