My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, February 21, 2011

Rick Bidnick Taking Over For Jamie Smith

Rick Bidnick, PGA GOLF PROFESSIONAL

Hello everyone.
I just wanted to send out a email to  all of you to let you know my plans for taking over for Jamie. Before I do that I want to echo what all you had to say to Jamie in your messages. It has also  for me been a pleasure working with Jamie over the past year and I also hate to see him go. He has become a good friend of mine over the past year and I am proud to call him a fellow PGA Golf Professional.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, though i have met many of you already, im sure there are many of you i have yet to meet. My name is Rick Bidnick, I am 46 years old. I have been a member of the PGA of America since October of 1998. Although I have only been a PGA Professional for 12 years I have worked in the golf business since I was 14 years old. I am currently enrolled with The PGA of America to become a CERTIFIED PGA PROFESSIONAL in the area of TEACHING. All members of The PGA of America are trained in the area of teaching, but being a certified PGA Professional in this area indicates dedication to the area of teaching.

Since I have been a PGA Professional I have been head professional at The Carolina Club, Bide-A-Wee Golf Club, Sleepy Hole Golf Course, Stumpy Lake Golf Course and was a Assistant Golf Professional at Kingsmill Resort and Spa.I was also the Teaching Professional at Suffolk Golf Course for the last two years. I played College golf at Christopher Newport University and was selected to the Division III All American Golf Team. I was the first golfer chosen from CNU to play in the National Championship for Div III schools. I finished 18th in the nation in that event to earn The All American Team recognition. I was also the first golfer elected into the CNU Hall of Fame in 1988.

My teaching philosophy is simple. I believe in working within the limits and capabilities of each golfer. My goal is to keep things simple and make sure the golfer understands what we are trying to accomplish as a team and my main goal for my golf lessons is to make it fun for the student and help them enjoy the game of golf as much as possible. For those of you more talented golfers, I like to become a bit more detail oriented, a lot more specific lesson is given that hopefully will help the golfer reach the next level in his or her game.

Finally, A lot of you have asked if I will honor lessons already paid for through Jamie. I will gladly do that, I would like if possible to finish these lessons off by June 30 so that I can have a clean slate for my new year which begins July 1. I plan to start the Saturday clinics again possibly March 13th. (Weather permitting) I will start the first few sessions at 11am-1230pm so that if the weather is cooler, we will have a chance to warm up. As was last year, the first few classes there will be $10 per person, once we get to the range it is $15 per person. For those of you who do not know, here is a break down of the clinic structure.

Class runs every Saturday at Bow Creek- You do not have to attend all classes
Week 1   Putting
Week 2   Chipping
Week 3   Pitching/Bunker
Week 4  Short irons
Week 5  Mid irons
Week 6  Hybrids and fairway woods
Week 7  Driver

I am still working on Smarter Lessons  to get my schedule set up. If anyone wants to get started for the year as of March 1, I will be available. To schedule a appointment please call me at 335-2774. I will honor the same rates Jamie offered last year. I will also offer playing lessons, ask if your interested in that. Thank you, Rick Bidnick, PGA Professional

No comments:

Post a Comment