My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bringing Back the 70's Golf Style




Lets Bring it Back!
It didn't take long for me to decide to change. First, I am a very young 41, golfing for 15 years, not serious, but always trying to improve.

I found some pictures of my grandfather, club champ, 3 years in a row in the late 60s and early 70s at Bow Creek in Virginia Beach. He has since passed away, but we (our family) were looking at some old pictures a few months ago, a lot of him golfing, and it hit me. What's old is new, and trends come around.

His golf outfits were great, the old 70s look, Bushwood, Caddy Shack and Rodney Dangerfield all came to mind. Now we have Loud Mouth Golf, SubSeventy Golf and a few others bring the fad back.
I have been hitting Ebay, a few Thrift Stores, searching for pants, and I can tell you, they are either hard to find, or super expensive at the Vintage Clothing Stores.

I am changing my whole golf wardrobe over, I plan to bring the 70s back, and promise at the first tee of every round this summer to say "This round's for you Ted Knight, and I never Slice." Which of course I do all the time!

I think if you look at the big names in golf apparel, you will see they all offer Plaids now in their inline product lines. Plaids seem to be the trend in golf fashion, and summer fashion in general this year, everyone is making them from Nike to Polo.

The 70's golf pants is an uptapped market, the styles differ a lot from the Loud Mouth Pants, and the In-Line Nike and other brand pants which are very conservative. Ebay is on fire with old Vintage golf pants selling everyday!

This Spring and Summer, you will see possibly the best dressed worst dressed golfer in the world, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment