My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Friday, July 20, 2012

DIVOT Deal Of The Day


Friday, July 20, 2012

Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid



Yakko, Wakko, and Dot

Features:
  • 17-4 stainless steel body
  • Maraging steel face
  • Rear port with 25 grams of low and deep weighting for optimal ball flight
  • Aldila NVS graphite shaft
In the 90s, there was a little show called Animaniacs. It was about the adventures of a trio of wacky siblings. They resembled 1920s cartoon characters, sort of like "Steamboat Willy"-era Mickey Mouse. Animaniacs was not made by Disney, however, but by Warner Brothers and it was presented by none other than Steven Spielberg. I have to say that I wasn't a huge fan of the show at the time. I didn't get it. There was one segment that I did enjoy, and that was called "Good Idea, Bad Idea". In it, a skeleton-looking figure tried out two similar-sounding ideas with vastly different effects.
Here's an example: Good Idea: Climbing a mountain. Bad Idea: Climbing a mountain lion. I guess it works better as a sight gag and with a child's perspective. What really sticks in my mind is the intro, which was a monotone Steven Wright-esque voice saying "It's Time for Another 'Good Idea, Bad Idea'". In fact, I'm often reminded of it when forced to come with ideas.
For example: "What should I write for my Divot story? It's time for another 'Good Idea, Bad Idea'. Good Idea: Putting a spin of the Idea hybrid's name. Bad Idea: Rambling yet again about topics no one cares about. Good Idea: Writing about anything, as long as my already past-due story is completed.
You can try it yourself. I'll get you started -- Good Idea: Getting an Adams Idea Black Super hybrid for half of the MSRP. Bad Idea: None.



This email was sent to johnb@hgsportswear.com from DIVOT.com
7320 ACC Boulevard, Raleigh, North Carolina 27617

Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment