My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, July 12, 2010

Grande Dunes Golf and Country Club/Myrtle Beach

Had the pleasure of playing Grande Dunes Golf and Country Club this past Friday with Brian Noblin, from The Golf Desk, whom I book our golf packages with. Brian is a scratch golfer, and we were joined by two other locals I know from Brian's web site.

To even get to grande Dunes, you have to go through security and then a bridge to the property. There are some amazing houses in the area, including the awesome 4 level house of the owner of Hawaiian Tropics.

Top notch bar and grill where we ate Kobe Burgers, a couple beers, and then to the range, which is included with every green fee. The carts were loaded with ice and bottled water, GPS, and cold towels.
I hit from the left side rough on the first hole, hence the power box. the guarded green, elevated would become a theme of this tough but fair course. We played the Blacks, just what my game needs, but everyone with me was scratch golfers, so I just soaked in the free playing lessons.


Didn't mind being on the left side here, as water ran all over the right side of this long par 5, with, you guessed it, a guarded green.

Brian showed great form on number 10, which was along the waterway. Great views. Note the high finish and nice divot, how in the heck does he make it look so simple?

Number 13 I think, a Par 3, with water on the right, and down hill. A devilish pin placement, yes I somehow got a par here! Brian hit it out over the water and drew it to 6 feet from the hole. Nice to be able to work the ball!

Number 15 on the back, this is from the front of the tee box, you have to carry over the water of this long par 5. WOW, was a 180 yard carry but was my best drive of the day, some 260 yards right in the middle.

The 17th I think, a bit of a dog leg left, guarded by a huge tree down the middle, but reachable, for someone like Brian who can snap off a drive 340 yards! That's not a misprint!

I really wish I would have take more pictures, this was an impressive day of golf, on a well maintained course, with the upper levels of service. If you ever have a chance to play here, please do, you will not be disappointed in the least.

Thank you Brian for taking me out golfing, this is a course that is normally out of my price range when down on the buddy trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment