My Golf Spy

My Golf Spy
My Golf Spy Forums

Monday, October 5, 2009

Group Lesson+ 2 PGA Pros=Bargin!!



Jamie Smith, PGA Pro, and staff member of Taylor Made and Adams Golf:
http://www.jamiesmithgolfinstruction.com/Home_Page.html

Jamie joins PGA Pro Ed Collins of the Ed Collins Golf Academy
http://www.edcollinsgolf.com/Home_Page.html


Jamie's Golf Philosophy :

I believe that we all want to learn. It is not impossible to learn a sport for ourselves, but to be good or even great we must get help. The golf swing is no exception. My study of the golf swing and my experience in teaching Martial Arts has helped me understand the lever system and core rotation needed to deliver a precise blow to an object. This knowledge has helped me become an effective teacher of the game. It is my personal obligation to pass the knowledge given to me to golfers of all levels. I too must learn and continually seek more education in order to provide the best and most complete lesson plan. I have been teaching throughout my career and feel I am, and will be a great asset to the sport of golf

Meet Ed Collins:

I began my career as assistant professional at Pasadena Yacht & Country Club in Gulfport Florida where I worked for 9 years. While working there I took lessons from tour pro Bill Buttner and PGA teaching professional Bob Ellsworth.

Later, I moved to Ft Lauderdale where I worked to complete my entrance into the PGA of America. While working for Coral Ridge Country Club, personal course to Robert Trent Jones, I began taking lessons and seminars with Chris Toulson, PGA Director of Instruction for Jim McLean at Doral in Miami.

Upon arriving in Virginia in 2003, I worked as PGA Head Professional at Cahoon Plantation in Chesapeake. I began teaching while at Cahoon which later became a full time position at Indian River Golf Center. Now, I am living my dream of teaching full time!



From Jamie and Ed:

I hope you all are enjoying my new web page. My good friend, Ed Collins and I are going to have a clinic for mine and his students. Sunday, October 25th at 3:00 will be a swing clinic, which will include stretching and strength preparation for the swing, plus a clinic on the Driver on how to "work" the ball and not to SLICE!! Fee will be $25

This will be held at Bow Creek Golf Course. If we are looking at rain, we can divert it to Lynnhaven Golf Park.

Any interested, please reply,

Jamie Smith,PGA

No comments:

Post a Comment